Thursday, March 24, 2011

Yeah!! We have a Greenhouse!!



Yeah!!! We finally have a Greenhouse!
Gary built us a Greenhouse. Good thing too, because I need to transplant all the plants I seeded a couple of weeks ago, and we have run out of room in the house. I'm really quite proud of Gary, When he was taking down a porch this last fall for a lady, he hauled the lumber to our place instead of taking it to the dump. This last winter he ripped the 2X12 & 2X10 in to 2X4 so we could build the Greenhouse. I think that was a great recycling effort on his part. It was a lot of work but it really paid off in the long run.

I seeded tomatoes & peppers on the 8th of March & a lot of herbs and flowers on the 15th and now they are coming up.

I worked in a green house my freshman & sophomore year in High School. Funny how just the little thing of tapping the side of the seed pack comes back to you without even thinking about it after so many years. I was very fortunate to have that job. My boss was Skip Mc Candless, wonder if he ever thought that he was really a teacher? He taught me just about as much as going to High School.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, congratulations on your Greenhouse! It looks great. What a handy guy you have there!

    ReplyDelete